JERUSALEM - The Mini Active
- Create empowerment and hope among Arab women and girls in East Jerusalem through practical, incremental projects that improve their immediate surroundings.
- Create sustainable grassroots advocacy/empowerment mechanisms to advance human rights.
- Start empowering women while they are still in high school through MiniActive Youth, enabling them to gain important leadership skills and increase self confidence in their ability to effect change in the future.
- Engage 1,200 volunteers in the project, including 15 regional coordinators.
- Maintain the municipal complaints completion rate at that of 2019 (60% increase from 2018), and hopefully increase it further.
- Continue to support women’s activism in East Jerusalem, by covering the costs of advertising, materials such as flyers, and equipment.
- Hold Hebrew classes for at least 300 volunteers.
- Host courses to improve health and safety, including first aid, fire safety, and healthy living.
- Launch enrichment activities to build a sense of community, such as fabric art, cooking and exercise classes, food drives, and trips to different parts of Israel 3-4 times a year.
- Integrate more young women into MiniActive Youth. This year, the programme will concentrate on project planning with a local landscape architect, to transform neglected areas through art and recycling.