The Good Neighbors – Abu Tor/Al-Thuri - FCT Jerusalem
- Bring together Palestinian and Israeli residents of the Jerusalem neighborhood of Abu tor to create a model of shared civil society, mutual understanding and good neighborly relations.
- Improve the overall atmosphere, resident involvement and empowerment and neighborhood safety by fostering joint meaningful activities for families, women and youth.
- To disseminate this and other elements of the Good Neighbors Project as a model for replication in other Jerusalem neighborhoods and in Israeli’s cities with mixed Jewish Arab populations.
- To provide teachers, teaching materials and room rental for 6 classes of conversational Hebrew/Arabic for 50 Palestinian and Jewish residents, and for our weekly Language Exchange Café for 100 students yearly.
- To provide 4 off the field events for 70 boys of our 3 football teams together with their parents and siblings – about 200 people.
- To provide 4 cultural events at our new Tri-lingual Street Library for Jewish and Palestinian families.
- To provide a coordinator, phone application developer, educational materials, room rental and publicity for “Abu Job”, which addresses the recent economic crisis by creating a local platform for offering services/products from 200 local providers and a women’s entrepreneurship incubator for 20 Jewish and 20 Palestinian women.
- To provide tours and materials about the project to various agencies, groups and organizations in order to disseminate this model of shared community.